CR (Heat Resistant Coin Type Lithium Manganese Dioxide Battery)
Maxell’s original sealing technology and highly heat-resistant material expands operating temperature range remarkably, making the batteries supremely suitable for automobile applications — for powering TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System) sensors, for example.
The range of technologies where these batteries can be applied is expanding to include IoT sensors and HACCP temperature loggers that require a wide operating temperature range.
Wide operating temperature range: -40 deg. C to +125 deg. C*
CR2450HR-Ex batteries can even be used at temperatures up to 150 deg. C, depending on other conditions.
* When using at temperatures exceeding 85 deg. C, please consult Maxell in advance for conditions of use.
Superior leak-resistant characteristics even under high temperature and acceleration.
Can be used even under 2000G, which is equivalent to driving at 300km/h.
Electric characteristics are maintained after long periods of exposure to high temperature and humidity.
About Maxell Heat Resistant CR batteries
Maxell Heat Resistant CR (lithium manganese dioxide) batteries are available only for equipment manufacturers as a built-in part. Therefore, Maxell does not supply these batteries for replacement directly to users of equipment. When built-in Heat Resistant CR batteries need to be replaced, please contact your equipment manufacturer. If you are planning to use Maxell Heat Resitant CR batteries in your equipment as a built-in part, please contact Maxell.
UL Recognized Components
The heat resistant coin type lithium manganese dioxide battery is a UL (Underwriters Laboratories Inc.) recognized component. (Technician Replaceable)
Recognized model: CR2450HR, CR2450HR-Ex, CR2050HR, CR2032HR, CR2032HRS
Certification Number: MH12568
- -TPMS (Tire-Pressure Monitoring System)
- -ETC (Electronic Toll Collection systems)
- -Keyless entry systems
- -Seat location sensors
- -Communication tags, Beacons
- -Temperature data loggers (HACCP temperature loggers)
- -Logistics tags
- -FA instruments (Measuring instruments, Onboard microcomputers, Sensors)
- -IoT sensors
|Nominal Voltage (V)||3||3||3||3|
|Nominal Capacity (mAh)*1||200||350||550||525|
|Nominal Discharge Current (mA)||0.2||0.2||0.2||0.2|
|Operating Temperature Range (deg. C)*2||-40 to +125||
-40 to +125
|Acceleration Resistance||Max. 2000G*3|
- Nominal capacity indicates duration until the voltage drops down to 2.0V when discharged at a nominal discharge current at 20 deg. C.
- When using these batteries at temperatures exceeding 85 deg. C, please consult Maxell in advance for conditions of use.
- Equivalent to acceleration when driving at 300km/h, when attached to a 17-inch wheel.
- Dimensions and weight are for the battery itself, but may vary depending on terminal specifications and other factors.
- Data and dimensions are not guaranteed. For further details, please contact us at your nearest Maxell office.
- Contents on this website are subject to change without notice.
Principle and Reactions
The coin type lithium manganese dioxide battery uses manganese dioxide (MnO2) as its positive active material, lithium (Li) as its negative active material and an organic electrolyte.
|Positive reaction :||MnO2+Li++e- → MnOOLi|
|Negative reaction :||Li → Li++e-|
|Total reaction :||MnO2+Li → MnOOLi|
If misused, this battery may deform, leak (the liquid inside the battery may leak to the outside), generate heat, explode, or ignite.
Since such misuse may cause injury or equipment failure, please be sure to read and observe [Warnings and Cautions].