ML (Coin Type Lithium Manganese Dioxide Rechargeable Battery)
This battery employs specially treated manganese dioxide for the positive material and a lithium-aluminum compound for the negative material. A specially formulated organic electrolyte is also used, yielding excellent discharge characteristics with low self-discharge.
Approx. 2.5V operating voltage
The operating voltage is about twice that of nickel cadmium rechargeable batteries. Displays a high discharge voltage of 2.8 V when at 10% of nominal capacity (depth of discharge is 10% or less), when charged at 3.0 to 3.3 V.
Superior charge/discharge characteristics (Fig. 2)
Achieves 1,000 cycles of discharging to 10% of nominal capacity (Depth of discharge = 10%). The total discharge capacity is quite high at 100 times nominal capacity. (shipped fully charged)
Wide -20 deg. C to 60 deg. C usable temperature range
Demonstrates stable operating voltage in temperatures as low as -20 deg. C and as high as 60 deg. C.
Low self-discharge and superior leakage resistance (Fig. 3)
Self-discharge at 20 deg. C is no more than 2% per year. Supplies a nominal capacity of about 95% even when stored at 20 deg. C for roughly five years (according to accelerated test conducted by Maxell). And since organic electrolyte is used, the battery has superior leakage resistance.
Excellent floating characteristics (Fig. 4)
A specially formulated organic electrolyte is employed to provide stable discharge characteristics even if charged for a year at 3.3 V at 20 deg. C (according to accelerated test conducted by Maxell).
Excellent high rate discharge characteristics (Fig. 5)
Maxell ML (lithium manganese dioxide rechargeable) batteries are available only for equipment manufacturers as a built-in part. Therefore, Maxell does not supply these batteries for replacement directly to users of equipment with these batteries. When built-in ML batteries need to be replaced, please contact your equipment manufacturer. If you are planning to use Maxell ML batteries in your equipment as a built-in part, please contact Maxell.
UL Recognized Components
The coin type lithium manganese dioxide rechargeable battery is a UL (Underwriters Laboratories Inc.) recognized component. (Technician Replaceable)
Recognized models: ML2032, ML2016
Certification number: MH12568
● Mobile Phones ● PHS ● OA Machines (Fax, Copiers, Printers) ● Notebook PCs ● Desktop PCs ● PDAs ● Camcorders ● Digital Still Cameras ● Portable CD/MD Players ● Watches ● Medical Instruments, Cash Registers ● FA Instruments (Measuring Instruments, Onboard Microcomputers, Sensors) ● Electronic Meters (Water, Gas, Electricity)
- Dimensions and weight are for the battery itself, but may vary depending on the shape of terminals or other factors.
- Nominal capacity indicates duration until the voltage drops down to 2.0V when discharged at a nominal discharge current at 20 deg. C.
Principle and Reactions
The coin type lithium manganese dioxide rechargeable battery is a 3V battery using specially treated manganese dioxide for the positive mateiral, a lithium-aluminum compound for the negative material and a specially formulated organic electrolyte.
Fig. 1 Charge Property
Fig. 2 Low Self-discharge
Fig. 3 Overcharge Characteristics
Fig. 4 High Rate Discharge Characteristics
- Data and dimensions are not guaranteed. For further details, please contact us at your nearest Maxell office.
- Contents on this website are subject to change without notice.