CR (Coin Type Lithium Manganese Dioxide Battery)
The coin type lithium manganese dioxide battery (CR battery) is a small, lightweight battery with an operating voltage of 3V and the ability to operate over a wide temperature range. It has a wide range of applications for powering devices such as various IoT sensors, medical equipment, data loggers and wearable devices.
Stable operating voltage under long-term low load discharge for Memory and RTC backup
High 3 volt energy density
High energy density. At 3 volts (nominal voltage), it has about twice the voltage of alkaline button batteries and silver oxide batteries.
Stable discharge characteristics through low internal resistance and high operating voltage
Employs highly conductive electrolyte, lowering internal resistance and providing stable operating voltage. This allows stable power to be obtained, with little change in operating voltage at high and low temperatures.
Superior leakage resistance and excellent storage characteristics
Employs a leak-resistant organic electrolyte, giving it better leakage resistance than battery types using alkaline electrolytes.
Furthermore, the high degree of seal of the seal structure and application of sealant keep self-discharge to about 1% per year.
Superior high rate discarge characteristics
UL Recognized Components
The coin type lithium manganese dioxide battery is a UL (Underwriters Laboratories Inc.) recognized component and user replaceable.
Recognized models: CR2032H, CR2032, CR2025, CR2016, CR1632, CR1620, CR1616, CR1220, CR1216
Certification number: MH12568
- -IoT sensors
- -Communication tags, Beacons
- -Wearable devices
- -Medical thermometers, Activity trackers
- -CGM (Continuous Glucose Monitoring)
- -DDS (Drug Delivery Systems)
- -Keyless entry systems
- -FA instruments (Measuring instruments, Onboard microcomputers, Sensors)
|Nominal Voltage (V)||3||3||3||3||3||3||3||3||3|
|Nominal Capacity (mAh)*1||25||36||55||80||140||90||170||220||240|
|Nominal Discharge Current (mA)||0.1||0.1||0.1||0.1||0.1||0.1||0.2||0.2||0.2|
|Operating Temperature Range (deg. C)*2||-20 to +85|
- Nominal capacity indicates duration until the voltage drops down to 2.0V when discharged at a nominal discharge current at 20 deg. C.
- When using these batteries at temperatures beyond the range of 0 to +40 deg. C, please consult Maxell in advance for conditions of use.
- Dimensions and weight are for the battery itself, but may vary depending on the shape of terminals or other factors.
- Data and dimensions are not guaranteed. For further details, please contact us at your nearest Maxell office.
- Contents on this website are subject to change without notice.
Principle and Reactions
The coin type lithium manganese dioxide battery uses manganese dioxide (MnO2) as its positive active material, lithium (Li) as its negative active material, and an organic electrolyte.
|Positive reaction :||MnO2+Li++e- → MnOOLi|
|Negative reaction :||Li → Li++e-|
|Total reaction :||MnO2+Li → MnOOLi|
Relationship between Discharge Current Consumption and Duration Time
Discharge Characteristics after Storage
If misused, this battery may deform, leak (the liquid inside the battery may leak to the outside), generate heat, explode, or ignite.
Since such misuse may cause injury or equipment failure, please be sure to read and observe [Warnings and Cautions].