Our background of Personal Information Protection Policy
With the coming of the information age and the Internet, it has become easier than ever before to attain, duplicate and/or distribute information including that, which might be considered personal or proprietary.
Considering such background, Maxell has rules and a management system for the protection of your provided personal information in Maxell, as well as to put in place a personal information protection policy as described below.
This policy has been distributed amongst all members of the organization, from board members to employees. Maxell is striving to protect personal information in an appropriate manner based on this policy.
Enacted on February 1, 2005
Revised on April 1, 2022
President and Representative Director
Definition of Personal Information
Maxell shall define personal information as information about existing individuals, including the name, birth date and other descriptions about them, or a number, symbol, code, image or sound assigned to them that identifies the individuals.
It shall also include information that cannot identify individuals by itself, but can assist in the identification of individuals when used on combination with some other information.
Personal information shall not be limited to personal identifiers, but shall include any information that indicates a fact, recognition and assessment about the attribute of individuals, including physical characteristics, property, occupation or status.
Scope of Application
This "About Personal Information Protection" document establishes the handling of personal information by Maxell.
Personal Information Protection Policy
1. Collecting, Using, and Providing Personal Information
While carefully considering the entrusting of customer information during company activities, Maxell will handle such information appropriately by establishing a management system for personal information protection for each type of business, and also by following stipulated rules for collecting, using, or providing personal information.
2. Following Laws and Norms
For the handling of personal information, Maxell will follow the appropriate Japanese laws and regulations applicable to the protection of relevant personal information. Also, Maxell will create and follow personal information management rules that conform to these laws and norms.
3. Implementing Safety Measures
To ensure the correctness and safety of personal information, in accordance with the rules for information security, Maxell will implement various measures (such as managing access to personal information, restricting the means for transporting personal information outside the company, and preventing incorrect access from outside the company), and strive to prevent any problems with personal information (such as the loss, destruction, falsification, or leakage of information).
4. Respecting Your Rights Regarding Your Personal Information
When you make a request to reveal, correct, or delete your own personal information, or seek to prevent the use or provision of such information, Maxell will respond with sincerity, respecting your rights related to that personal information.
5. Establishing Rules for Managing Personal Information Protection, and Making Continual Improvements
Maxell will make sure that all members of the organization recognize the importance of personal information protection, and will steadily establish rules for managing personal information to ensure that such information is used appropriately and is protected. These rules will be maintained and improved continually.
The company is granted the right to display the "Privacy Mark", which is a mark granted by JIPDEC to business entities that handle personal information appropriately.
Purpose of Use of Personal Information and Provision to a Third Party
- We shall use the Personal Information only to the extent necessary for the achievement of the purpose set forth in each of the following items:
(1) Holding events and sending information on products and services to customers and business partners
(2) Providing membership services to customers
(3) Providing after-sales service to customers
(4) Response to Customer Inquiries
(5) Response to repair requests from customers
(6) Response to Accidents and Complaints from Customers
(7) Analysis to improve products and services
(8) Customer survey and analysis
(9) Implementation of agreements between our customers or business partners and us
(10) Contact with business partners for business negotiations and meetings
(11) Recruiting activities
(12) Personnel and labor management of employees
(13) Production and shipment of IC cards, magnetic cards, and related products
(14) Operations with respect to shares
(15) Security and safety control by security cameras
Among the above items, in the event that personal information shall be provided by the Individual in writing directly (including electronic means such as the web or e-mail), the Company will clearly indicate the purpose of acquisition and use of such personal information and obtain the consent of the Individual Concerned in advance.
- We will not provide personal information to any third party without the prior consent of the customer.
Provided, however, that in the event of any of the following, personal information may be provided to a third party without obtaining the consent of the customer.
(1) In the event that it is based on the provisions of laws and regulations
(2) When it is necessary for the protection of life, body or property of a person and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the customer
(3) When it is particularly necessary to improve public health or promote the sound development of children, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the customer
(4) Cases in which it is necessary to cooperate with a state organ, a local government, or an entity entrusted thereby in executing the affairs prescribed by laws and regulations and in which obtaining the consent of the customer may hinder the execution of said affairs
(5) In the event the handling of personal information is entrusted to the extent necessary for the achievement of the Purpose of Acquisition and Use
(6) Transfer of personal data due to succession of business in accordance with merger, spin-off, or other reasons
Usage of Cookies and Web beacons
Some cookies are necessary to operate our website (e.g. establishing sessions), while other cookies provide enhanced functionality, gather analytical data to improve performance, enable us or our AdTech partners to deliver personalized advertisements by tracking you across the internet, or enable sharing via social media.
Where legally required, you can choose whether to allow us or third-parties (our analytics, AdTech and social media partners) to set cookies which are not strictly necessary for the functioning of the website via the cookie banner and settings provided on the website.
Definition of Terms
This is information exchanged between a web server that controls a website and a web browser that a person uses. Cookies may be saved as files in the disk of a person's computer.
If you use a cookie, the web server can record information about which pages in the website the particular computer accesses. However, the person cannot be identified unless he/she enters personal information into the website.
- Web Beacons
This is technology that functions with a cookie to confirm how many times a person accesses a particular page. However, the person cannot be identified unless he/she enters personal information when receiving cookies.