CLB (Coin Type Lithium-ion Rechargeable Battery)
Developed by Maxell, the coin type lithium-ion rechargeable battery has a high-rate discharge characteristic of up to 2ItA by means of an original stacked electrode structure. This compact high-power rechargeable battery is designed for small portable devices such as IoT devices, wearables and hearables that have communication functions.
Sep.13, 2022 News Maxell develops the CLB640 coin type high capacity lithium-ion rechargeable battery with a diameter of approx. 6 mm and approx. 1000 charge/discharge cycle characteristics
Sep.13, 2022 Update Data sheet for coin type lithium-ion rechargeable battery “CLB640” added
A unique stacked electrode structure enables power of up to 140mA (CLB2032).
Maxell’s unique stacked structure and electrode structure technology enable Maxell’s CLB2032, which has same size as a coin with a diameter of approximately 20.0mm, to discharge at high load of 140mA.
Discharge capability of CLB2032 is approximately 40 times better
Compared with Maxell’s CR2032, CLB2032 has approximately 40 times greater output discharge current at 60% available capability to meet the demand for long life due to the increased power consumption arising from multi-function equipment.
Excellent cost performance
Superior recharging properties ensure a service life of about 500 charge/discharge cycles under normal usage conditions. The superior cost/performance ratio ensures that lithium-ion batteries are ultimately more economical than primary batteries.
Maxell has incorporated unique technologies gained during its development of crimping and electrode coating. The stainless steelbattery body minimizes swelling.
Separator-wrapped positive electrodes prevent to make internal short-circuit. Safety is ensured even if external short-circuit occurs.
- UL 1642 Recognized models (Technician Replaceable): CLB2032, CLB2016, CLB937A, CLB740H
Certification Number: MH12568
- IEC 62133-2 Recognized models: CLB2032, CLB937A, CLB740H
- UN 38.3 (Dangerous goods transportation regulations)
Recognized models: CLB2032, CLB2016, CLB937A, CLB740H
- -Biological information monitoring systems
- -Wearable data devices
- -Medical sensor networks
- -Environment monitoring systems
- -Logistics management systems
- -Rechargeable hearing aids
- -Remote keyless entry systems (RKE)
- -Multifunction watches
- Evaluation samples are available. Please contact us at your nearest Maxell office for the latest information.
- Measured under the following conditions: Charge CCCV: 0.5ItA/4.2V /End current 0.02ItA, Discharge CC: 1mA/E.V. = 3.0V, Temperature 20 deg. C
- Measured under the following conditions: Charge CCCV: 0.5ItA/4.2V /End current 0.03ItA, Discharge CC: 0.2ItA/E.V. = 3.0V, Temperature 20 deg. C
- Dimensions and weight are for the battery itself, but may vary depending on terminal specifications and other factors.
- 100% charged
- Data and dimensions are not guaranteed. For further details, please contact us at your nearest Maxell office.
- Contents on this website are subject to change without notice.
Discharge temperature characteristics
Discharge load characteristics
Cycle life characteristics
If misused, this battery may deform, leak (the liquid inside the battery may leak to the outside), generate heat, explode, or ignite.
Since such misuse may cause injury or equipment failure, please be sure to read and observe [Warnings and Cautions].