MID Maxell method
MID（Molded Interconnect Device）
What is MID Technology? :
A technology for forming circuit patterns and mounting components on three-dimensional
surfaces of resin components.
Process movie of MID Maxell method
MID Maxell method
A catalyst deactivator is applied to the surface of a molded article made of generic resin, and a pattern is drawn with a laser.
As for the non-drawing area, the catalyst is deactivated by the deactivating layer, and the plating is deposited only in the
drawing area to form a metal wiring.
This method is original process developed by Maxell.
The MID Maxell method has the potential to be applied to various parts.
Maxell's proprietary MID process using catalytic deactivator and preprocessing
- It is possible to use a general-purpose resin as a substrate, THE MID coverage is increased
by controlling the physical properties (electrical, mechanical properties).
- Mid wiring can be formed on the surface of glass, ceramic, and transparent resin.
- It is possible to integrate with other technologies such as foam molding and insert molding.
- It enables upsizing or thinning of MID target parts.
- It can be applied to existing plating equipment. (Only a basin for catalyst deactivator to be added.)
Process of MID Maxell method
Effect of catalyst deactivator
Catalyst deactivation membrane
|Base||Type||Structure||Maxell MID method||Purpose|
|Resin||Super engineering plastic||PPS ※1),Aromatic polyamide(6TPA),
LCP ※2),PPSU ※3)etc.
|General-purpose engineering plastic||Aliphatic polyamide(PA66, PA6PC),
PC ※4)PBT ※5),ABS ※6),SPS ※7)etc.
|〇||Antennas, Costumes, Circuits|
|Thermosetting resin||Epoxy resin(Liquid,Transfer molding)||〇||Implemented parts,Metal replacement parts,High heat resistance and dimensional applications|
Glass, and ceramic
|（〇）||5G antenna, Display|
※1)Poly Phenylene Sulfide ※2)Liquid Crystal Polymer
※3)Poly Phenyl Sulfone ※4)Polycarbonate ※5)Polybutylene Terephthalate
※6)Acrylonitrile-Butadiene-Styrene ※7)Syndiotactic Polystyrene
Smartphone parts (Antenna, Camera module etc.)
Small precision equipment parts (IoT sensing device tec.)