LTO Ultrium 6 Data Cartridge
NeoSMART Technology Helps Create Storage Technology that Combines Lower Cost for Capacity, Low Energy Cost per GB, and High Transfer Rate for Data Storage Applications.
NeoSMART Maximizes LTO 6 Technology
The incorporation of Maxell’s patented NeoSMART (Super Maximum-capacity Advanced Reliability Tape) technology maximizes the benefits of LTO 6. Ultra-fine ceramic-armored metal particles with high energy and superior recording performance augment the LTO 6 capacity, as well as create an added level of protection from corrosion, for advanced archival storage life and superior durability. Extremely accurate servo writing technologies, which Maxell developed in its manufacturing process, ensure stable servo characteristics and superior tracking reliability, corresponding to increased data track density to achieve the high capacity of LTO 6.
Maxell also developed advanced dispersion and calendaring processes that improve read/write performance, and ensure high output and enhanced stability, complementing the increased recording density. Superior durability and excellent stability – two critical attributes in data storage and archiving – are further enhanced by special lubricant control and advanced filler uniformity developed for the head/tape interface.
NeoSMART creates additional advantages for IT and data professionals. It utilizes a basefilm with superior dimensional stability to ensure reliability and durability for high-density recording and playback, as well as archival storage. It also has a uniform, ultra-thin sub-micron coating and advanced calendaring processes to achieve remarkably high output and enhanced stability for read/write performance. A built-in non-contact 16kB memory chip stores historical usage records and enables high-speed data searches. The chip is also used by Maxell Cartridge Memory Analyzers to diagnose drive or tape abnormalities.
|Model||LTO 6||LTO 6 WORM|
|LTOU6/2500 XJB||LTOU6/2500W XJB|
|Cartridge color||Black||Black/Gray two-tone|
( 2.5:1 compressed )
|2.5TB ( 6.25TB )|
|Maximum transfer rate
( 2.5:1 compressed )
|160MB/s ( 400MB/s )|
|Coercivity||227kA/m ( 2850 Oe )|
|Operating environment||10℃-45℃/10-80%RH max. wet-bulb temperature:26℃|
|16℃-35℃/20-80%RH ( 16℃-25℃/20-50%RH )
max. wet-bulb temperature:26°C
LTO Library Packs
- 20 tape cartridges are packaged with the user-friendly "Library Pack"
- Library pack case can be used as storage and stacked up to 10 layers
- Easy tape library upload
- Suitable for large-sized libraries
- Unique thermo-formed packaging is recyclable
- Eliminates unnecessary packaging
- Tapes are available with custom Tri-Optic Bar Code labels
LTO Ultrium Universal Cleaning Cartridge (UCC)
- Number of cleaning : 15-50 (drive dependent)
- Maxell UCC can clean all LTO Ultrium drives with UCC dedicated firmware installed.
- All features and specifications are subject to change without notice.
- WORM (Write Once, Read Many) : Cartridges can be read numerous times but written only once, preventing accidentaltampering, erasing and overwriting of data, and allowing secure backup and storage of critical data for legal and regulatory compliance. WORM cartridges are differentiated by their two-tone color design.
- The NeoSMART logo is a trademark of Hitachi Maxell in the United States and other countries.
- Linear Tape-Open, LTO, the LTO Logo, Ultrium and the Ultrium Logo are registered trademarks of HPE, IBM and Quantum in the US and other countries.
- [General - FAQ for computer tapes] : How should I care for computer tapes during transportation?
- [General - FAQ for computer tapes] : What information should I include when I send computer tapes to a reference service?
- [DLT/SDLT - FAQ for computer tapes] : Why is it taking so long for the media drive to load the computer tape?
- [DLT/SDLT - FAQ for computer tapes] : A strange sound is heard after I insert a computer tape into the media drive.
- [DLT/SDLT - FAQ for computer tapes] : The cartridge ejected after being inserted into the drive but before being read.
- [DLT/SDLT - FAQ for computer tapes] : I cannot share computer tapes with some types of media drive.
- [DLT/SDLT - FAQ for computer tapes] : The drive does not load a computer tape after it has been inserted.
- [DLT/SDLT - FAQ for computer tapes] : What will happen if the drive is not cleaned for a long time?
- [DLT/SDLT - FAQ for computer tapes] : Why does the drive's cleaning lamp come on all the time?
- [DLT/SDLT - FAQ for computer tapes] : Why doesn't the drive's cleaning lamp turn off after cleaning?
- [DLT/SDLT - FAQ for computer tapes] : Why do errors occur when I record data to a computer tape for backup?