LTO Ultrium 4 Data Cartridge
With a storage capacity of over one terabyte, the 4th generation LTO Ultrium 4 cartridge takes Maxell’s NeoSMART technology to the next level.
Advanced Ultra-fine Ceramic Armor Metal Particles realize 1.6TB* capacity
Maxell's innovative New Ultra-fine Ceramic Armor Metal Particles help achieve terabyte-level capacities. The new particles, only tens of nanometers long, have been significantly refined, enabling higher output and recording densities with improved magnetic energy performance and S/N ratio. (*In case of 2:1 data compression)
Proprietary dual binder system enhances tape durability
Maxell's exclusive three-dimensional cross-linking binder system uses two different kinds of binders, resulting in superior durability and excellent stability during long term storage.
Base film with superior dimensional stability for highly reliable data recording and playback
Maxell uses extremely smooth, high-rigidity PEN (Polyethylene Naphthalate) base film coated with Ceramic Armor Metal Particles to ensure a smooth magnetic surface and low noise levels for high-density data recording even under diverse environmental conditions.
Highly reliable tracking servo characteristics maintain superb performance
Highly accurate servo writing technologies ensure stable servo characteristics and superior tracking reliability, preventing the occurrence of off-track and data loss. Data tracks are made on the 12.65mm-wide areas of the tapes, where accurate positioning is more imperative.
Up to twice the built-in memory of previous tapes provides more user benefits.
Maxell LTO 4 cartridges incorporate a built-in non-contact 8KB memory, allowing indexing, high speed data search and storage of archives. Moreover, the LTO 4 cartridge’s teal shell color provides quick and easy visual identification.
LTO Ultrium 4 features encryption capabilities
The LTO Ultrium 4 format features data encryption capabilities that enable the LTO drive to perform hardware-based 256-AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) encryption at tape drive level, helping to protect the transport and storage of sensitive or confidential information.
Environmentally friendly labels
Maxell LTO 4 cartridges employ labels made from recycled materials to promote effective utilization of resources and help reduce their environmental impact.
|LTO 4||LTO 4 WORM**|
|Model number||LTOU4/800 XJ||LTOU4/800W XJ|
|Cartridge color||Teal||Teal/Gray two-tone|
(compressed at 2:1)
|800 GB (1.6 TB)|
(compressed at 2:1)
|120 (240) MB/sec|
|Coercivity||215 kA/m (2,700 Oe)|
|Operating environment||10°C-45°C/10-80% RH
(max. wet-bulb temperature: 26 °C)
[max wet-bulb temperature: 26°C]
|Cartridge dimensions||102.0 x 105.4 x 21.5mm|
LTO Library Packs
- 20 tape cartridges are packaged with the user-friendly "Library Pack"
- Library pack case can be used as storage and stacked up to 10 layers
- Easy tape library upload
- Suitable for large-sized libraries
- Unique thermo-formed packaging is recyclable
- Eliminates unnecessary packaging
- Tapes are available with custom Tri-Optic Bar Code labels
LTO Ultrium Universal Cleaning Cartridge (UCC)
- Number of cleaning : 15-50 (drive dependent)
- Maxell UCC can clean all LTO Ultrium drives with UCC dedicated firmware installed.
- All features and specifications are subject to change without notice.
- WORM (Write Once, Read Many) : Cartridges can be read numerous times but written only once, preventing accidentaltampering, erasing and overwriting of data, and allowing secure backup and storage of critical data for legal and regulatory compliance. WORM cartridges are differentiated by their two-tone color design.
- Linear Tape-Open, LTO, the LTO Logo, Ultrium and the Ultrium Logo are registered trademarks of HPE, IBM and Quantum in the US and other countries.
- [General - FAQ for computer tapes] : How should I care for computer tapes during transportation?
- [General - FAQ for computer tapes] : What information should I include when I send computer tapes to a reference service?
- [DLT/SDLT - FAQ for computer tapes] : Why is it taking so long for the media drive to load the computer tape?
- [DLT/SDLT - FAQ for computer tapes] : A strange sound is heard after I insert a computer tape into the media drive.
- [DLT/SDLT - FAQ for computer tapes] : The cartridge ejected after being inserted into the drive but before being read.
- [DLT/SDLT - FAQ for computer tapes] : I cannot share computer tapes with some types of media drive.
- [DLT/SDLT - FAQ for computer tapes] : The drive does not load a computer tape after it has been inserted.
- [DLT/SDLT - FAQ for computer tapes] : What will happen if the drive is not cleaned for a long time?
- [DLT/SDLT - FAQ for computer tapes] : Why does the drive's cleaning lamp come on all the time?
- [DLT/SDLT - FAQ for computer tapes] : Why doesn't the drive's cleaning lamp turn off after cleaning?
- [DLT/SDLT - FAQ for computer tapes] : Why do errors occur when I record data to a computer tape for backup?