LTO Ultrium 3 Data Cartridge
From Gigabyte to Terabyte, Maxell NeoSMART technology leads to creation of 3rd-generation LTO Ultrium data cartridges
Ceramic layer a few nanometers thick encapsulates metal particles for extra strength and durability. High-coercivity Ceramic Armor Metal Particles store up to 400GB of data.
The LTO Ultrium 3 Data Cartridge uses high-coercivity, finer-than-ever Ceramic Armor Metal Particles, for high output, high signal-to-noise ratio and 400GB data capacity. A unique ceramic layer, just a few nanometers thick, encapsulates the metal particles. The result: superior tape strength, durability and resistance to oxidation for extra-reliable operation and extra-long storage.
High-durability dual binder system of main and sub binders for more firmly fixed metal particles
To prevent magnetic coating deterioration caused by head-to-tape contact, Maxell employs its exclusive three-dimensional cross-linking binder system using two different kinds of binders. The main binder, utilizing a special CB (chemical bonding) anchor segment, ensures that metal particles remain firmly fixed, thereby improving tape durability.
Base film with superior dimensional stability for highly reliable data recording/playback.
For base film coated with Ceramic Armor Metal Particles, Maxell uses thin, highly rigid PEN (Polyethylene Naphthalate) for its superior dimensional stability under diverse environmental conditions. Base film enabling stable recording/playback in high-density data storage greatly helps to enhance the reliability of long-term and large-capacity storage.
Thin film and special calendering for improved output signal quality
For recording and playback with data media that uses tracks of micron units, even the slightest tape surface unevenness may cause vital errors. To prevent such error from occurring, Maxell uses exclusive technology that enables application of an ultra-thin, submicron-level coating. Also, special calendering ensures high output, stable signal characteristics and smooth tape surface.
Magnetic servo technology enables high-precision tape tracking for the high-density LTO Ultrium 3 format.
The new LTO Ultrium 3 format greatly enhances data track density. Accordingly, Maxell developed exclusive technology to record signals more precisely with superb servo characteristics. High-precision servo track writing makes for reliable tracking of tape on magnetic heads.
Exceptional cartridge strength for reliable operation even after one million passes
LTO Ultrium 3 data cartridges are superior in strength and high in reliability, featuring an excellent low-error rate after one million head passes, despite rapid tape transport drive speeds. They also ensure durability through over 20,000 loads/unloads using a high-rigidity leader pin.
4KB non-contact memory for easy identification
LTO Ultrium 3 cartridges contain 4KB of non-contact memory, supporting high-speed data searches by drive and cartridge management in libraries. Their new greyish blue color makes them easy to distinguish from conventional cartridges, even in large-scale backup operations.
|Model||LTO 3||LTO 3 WORM|
|LTOU3/400 XJB||LTOU3/400W XJB|
|Cartridge color||Greyish blue||Greyish blue/Gray two-tone|
( 2:1 compressed )
|400GB ( 800GB )|
|Maximum transfer rate
( 2:1 compressed )
|80MB/s ( 160MB/s )|
|Coercivity||215kA/m ( 2700 Oe )|
|Operating environment||10℃-45℃/10-80%RH max. wet-bulb temperature:26℃|
|16℃-35℃/20-80%RH ( 16℃-25℃/20-50%RH )
max. wet-bulb temperature:26°C
LTO Library Packs
- 20 tape cartridges are packaged with the user-friendly "Library Pack"
- Library pack case can be used as storage and stacked up to 10 layers
- Easy tape library upload
- Suitable for large-sized libraries
- Unique thermo-formed packaging is recyclable
- Eliminates unnecessary packaging
- Tapes are available with custom Tri-Optic Bar Code labels
LTO Ultrium Universal Cleaning Cartridge (UCC)
- Number of cleaning : 15-50 (drive dependent)
- Maxell UCC can clean all LTO Ultrium drives with UCC dedicated firmware installed.
- All features and specifications are subject to change without notice.
- WORM (Write Once, Read Many) : Cartridges can be read numerous times but written only once, preventing accidentaltampering, erasing and overwriting of data, and allowing secure backup and storage of critical data for legal and regulatory compliance. WORM cartridges are differentiated by their two-tone color design.
- Linear Tape-Open, LTO, the LTO Logo, Ultrium and the Ultrium Logo are registered trademarks of HPE, IBM and Quantum in the US and other countries.
- [General - FAQ for computer tapes] : How should I care for computer tapes during transportation?
- [General - FAQ for computer tapes] : What information should I include when I send computer tapes to a reference service?
- [DLT/SDLT - FAQ for computer tapes] : Why is it taking so long for the media drive to load the computer tape?
- [DLT/SDLT - FAQ for computer tapes] : A strange sound is heard after I insert a computer tape into the media drive.
- [DLT/SDLT - FAQ for computer tapes] : The cartridge ejected after being inserted into the drive but before being read.
- [DLT/SDLT - FAQ for computer tapes] : I cannot share computer tapes with some types of media drive.
- [DLT/SDLT - FAQ for computer tapes] : The drive does not load a computer tape after it has been inserted.
- [DLT/SDLT - FAQ for computer tapes] : What will happen if the drive is not cleaned for a long time?
- [DLT/SDLT - FAQ for computer tapes] : Why does the drive's cleaning lamp come on all the time?
- [DLT/SDLT - FAQ for computer tapes] : Why doesn't the drive's cleaning lamp turn off after cleaning?
- [DLT/SDLT - FAQ for computer tapes] : Why do errors occur when I record data to a computer tape for backup?